I finally got to trimming the locust trees. There are a lot of locust trees here! The locust tree beetle is really doing a lot of damage to these trees. I even saw some of the bugs!
|Lots of trimmings! I wanted to burn these but they are too green! I will let dry a bit before burning.|
Spraying the trees!
I didn't get any pictures of it, but I sprayed the bejesus out of the trees! Not much to see anyway. I sprayed the locust with dormant oil mixed with carbaryl (sevin), dormant oil on the remaining fruit trees, and deer repellant on the white pines, forsythia, choke berry/cherry, and elderberry! Whew. Lots of spraying! Really. It took most of a day!
Northern Pecans and Hican planting
Seems like I am missing a weekend here somewhere, but I can't figure out where, so I am sticking this in here! The pecans and hicans arrived! They are not of great quality - the roots are barely formed and the grafts are still wrapped. I hope they survive!
|I had to plant these deep to accept the long root stem on these trees. Also, I unwrapped the grafts, that seemed very new...|
|At 60 feet apart, it took the top half of the field to hold all of these! I will need to cage these so that the deer don't damage and so the farmer doesn't run them down when he makes hay!|